missed a hot dog, rice pudding, potato chips, and oreos. Joshua finally fell asleep, and I was able to get a nap. We landed in Seoul and had a short layover before boarding the flight to Beijing. They fed us again on that flight, but the food was much more Korean. The boys had pizza and a corn dog, plus fish flavored chips, and a pumpkin flavored cookie. We had chicken/rice and flavored rice treat, which was soy sauce flavored and not like a rice krispie treat as I had hoped!
We got to Beijing with no problem. Angela met us at the gate and had a driver waiting to bring us to our hotel. We have a one bedroom deluxe with two double beds at the Lee Garden Apartments. We were able to Skype with Mom and Thomas. The beds are hard as I'd heard, but we were able to sleep. Caleb and I are up while Matt and Joshua are still sleeping. Driving here from the airport reminded me a lot of Atlanta. The highways were nice, and we didn't have a lot of traffic until we got to the downtown area. There are lots of apartment buildings. Angela said there are 19 million people in Beijing. They have put restrictions on what day you can drive your car, and they provide incentives to use the metro and bus.
We plan to visit the Great Wall today unless it is raining, then we will move the visit to tomorrow. I'll post pictures after our sightseeing today.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! I am glad you made it safely. Why are you up so early? Just think in two days you will have Anna in your arms! I would not be able to sleep either! I hope you enjoy your day at the Great Wall. Tell Caleb that Miracle is getting lots of attention. She is laying in my lap trying to help me type. :) She has been very good! Keep us updated!
Enjoy your trip and congratulations! Hope little Anna is doing well. I can't imagine how excited y'all are and I am sure your mom and Thomas can't wait for your return!
Post a Comment