Today was a slow day, and I didn't even take any pictures.
We met our group of 4 families to go the US Consulate to take our oath and apply for Anna's visa. They only take 12 families in each time slot, Mon-Thurs 8:30 and 10:00. We got the last appointment for September before they close next week for the mid-Autumn festival.
We were not allowed to take in our cameras, so we have no pictures. It really wasn't anything fancy. There was a small waiting room with kids everywhere. A lady comes up behind the glass window (like teller windows) and welcomes us and administers "the oath". I really thought it would be something special or meaningful, but we just confirmed that all our paperwork is accurate. Then, we presented our clear envelopes with all our visa application paperwork in it.
After the appointment, we headed back to the hotel and went with another family to have dim sum. The other mom that we were with speaks cantonese and ordered a table full of food. We had sweet and sour pork, shrimp dumplings, pork dumplings, honey pork, steamed buns with bbq meat, egg custard tarts, water chesnut "jello", sticky rice wrapped in a lotus leaf, meat with rice noodles, and a couple other things I can't remember. It was really good, and Anna ate two dumplings, an egg custard, and lots of noodles.
We took a nap and found the very small play room in the hotel. Then, we walked out for Pizza Hut and Subway and ate in the room. I think there is remnants of a typhoon going through here, at least that is what we have heard. It's warm, windy, and rainy. We are hoping and praying that we will have no delays on our flight on Saturday!
Just for fun, here is a link to a video of our hotel room from one of the adopting families that we met on this trip. We pushed the two twin size beds together to make a king size, and we have been keeping the retractable shower curtain down on the tub/shower for privacy. I guess you could take a bath and watch TV at the same time in the bedroom, there is even a volume control in the bathroom. I told Amy that I was going to link to her, because our room is a complete mess.
http://www.jaredandamy.com/blog/2011/09/opulence/
Two more nights until we leave for home!
No comments:
Post a Comment