| Our hotel, the Garden |
We visited today the Yuntai Gardens. It only took about 1.5 hours to walk around the huge circle and see the gardens. The heat and humidity were getting pretty high, so we were ready to go when the time came.
Anna is making baby steps in her mood towards me. We started off this morning on a not so good start. We were running late for breakfast, so we hurried down stairs. Then, we remembered that we did not have Joshua and Caleb's breakfast vouchers. Matt handed her to me and got back on the elevator to go back up to get them. I think he just wanted to see what she would do. Well, she cried her heartbreaking cry in the lobby of the hotel until he got back. Then, she switched it off as soon as I handed her over. At the gardens, however, he tried walking ahead of us, and she had to hold my hand to go up the steps. She fussed a little at first, but then, she walked with me for a while. She even let me carry her for a little while, but she went into hiding mode. She finally got tired and hot and just wanted Daddy.
We went back to the hotel and ate some leftovers in the room. Matt and Anna took a nap while the boys and I explored the hotel a bit. We tried the swimming pool, but the boys said it was too cold. So, we walked around the garden area and headed back to the room.
After the naps, we went out to eat at the Paddy Field, an Irish pub. Matt thought it would be funny to ask the waitress if she was Irish, and very seriously, she said "I am Chinese, this is an Irish pub."
We picked up ice cream at the 7-11 and headed back to the room to watch Survivor on the internet.
5 more nights until we leave for home!
1 comment:
Been catching up on your las few posts. Anna is as cute as a little button. It's very common for little ones coming for situations like ours to bond with one parent before moving on the bond with the next..it's a good sign even. But after five years preparing, I'm sure you knew that already, ha. It's still rough on us Mama's though, so I'm glad to hear she's warming up and cutting you some slack. Don't worry, she'll be a total Mama's girl in no time. I've loved all of the photos you've posted. We loved Guangzhou.
Gin =)
Post a Comment