Thursday, April 7, 2011

I-800A APPROVAL!

I called USCIS yesterday, and my assigned officer called back and said that she had approved our I-800A yesterday morning!  That was 43 days, much better than what I had anticipated...60.  This is the preliminary approval from Immigration Services that will allow us to adopt a child internationally.  This will go with our dossier to China.  Then, China will send a letter (LOA, letter of approval) stating that we can adopt our daughter, and it will go back to USCIS where it will get matched up with this preliminary approval, and we will get I-800 approval which is the final US approval to adopt her specifically.

I have to wait for the I-800A letter to arrive in the mail, hopefully by Saturday.  On Monday, I will go to our local courthouse and get it notarized and county certified.  From there I'll drive to the Secretary of State's office to have it state certified.  Then, I'll head to FedEx and ship it to my courier in Houston.  She will take it to the Chinese consulate on Wed and have it rushed through authentication.  She'll pick it up on Thursday and FedEx it to our adoption coordinator in CA.  Our coordinator will get it Friday and put it with the other documents that she already has and send it off to China. 

That is a tight timeline, but doable.  If everything falls into place, we will be DTC (dossier to China) on 4/15.  If not, we will have to wait a week as dossiers only go to China on Fridays.

I think FedEx is one of my new best friends.

No comments: