Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fingerprints done!

When we got home from our Orlando trip, we had our appointments for our fingerprints in the mail.  They were scheduled on my birthday!  Matt and I got up early and headed to Atlanta.  We picked up breakfast for the trip and enjoyed talking uninterrupted for a couple of hours.  The "Application Support Center" for the Department of Homeland Security is located on Collier St. in Atlanta.  To get to it, we had to walk down memory lane.  It was neat to see how much that area has changed since our college days.  There is now a Wal-Mart and Publix with several other stores for shopping in the area.  We talked about how all we had was Kroger.  We saw Fellini's, and if it had been lunch time, I would have asked to stop for lunch.  But, Matt had to get back to work.  I thought the office was very efficient, and the employees were courteous.

I think it will still be a couple more weeks before we get the I-800A approval.  After that, we have a few certifications and authentications to get on it, then we can send it all to China! 

4 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

I'm so happy for you guys! We have a niece who was adopted out of China.

Amanda said...

Hi Debbie,
Happy belated birthday! I am so sorry I missed it; the last 2 weeks have been so crazy with a work audit. Hope all is well and so glad things are moving along with the adoption!

Love,
Amanda

Bridget said...

Yay!!!! Can't wait for us to both be DTC:) Thanks for the note...it is nice to have someone know what a big step it is to get this done:)

Jennifer & Family said...

That's great news. We're on the same timeline to bring our two children home from China. Here's to fast I800a approvals this week. You can email me through chinaadopttalk.com, growingfamily.