Saturday, February 19, 2011

I-800A sent

I can finally say that I have sent in the I-800A, the request to the US government to allow us to adopt a child internationally.  This approval is currently running about 2 months.  We are hoping for a speed up in approvals (last summer they were around 30-45 days), and I've heard that they have hired and are training more workers to help with the backlog. 

I was ready to send in the form a week ago, but I needed a cover letter from our adoption agency.  I found out Thursday that they were holding my cover letter until my check arrived.  The check arrived Thursday afternoon, so I had them FedEx the cover letter using our account.  The FedEx guy was nice enough to wait in the driveway while I transferred the cover letter to another envelope with the rest of the paperwork for the I-800A.  So, off it went!  It should arrive Monday morning, and the countdown can begin!


Updated:  It seems that I didn't count on Monday being President's Day.  FedEx sites says it will deliver tomorrow. Boo...

Feb 21, 2011 9:34 AM
Delivery exception
IRVING, TX
Business closed - No delivery attempt
 
 
 

3 comments:

At Home Together said...

Amen! The Lord is at work!

Unknown said...

So excited for you and your family. Looking forward to reading about this adventure and meeting here when she makes it to your home.
Blessings
Diane

Bridget said...

I went to walmart and found(and bought) one of those cute 18" Asian dolls! Thanks for the tip!