Once I got my dossier sent off, I had decided that I would send our little one a care package. I chose to use RedThreadChina.com as I know the lady who runs it in China is closer to our little one than some of the other care package companies. That, and I've heard great things about her abilities to get updates. So, I ordered a few things from her website, and just a couple of days later, I had updated measurements and two new pictues! I was so excited, but it just makes this wait even harder. She has changed so much just from our pictures 3 1/2 months ago. She has gotten 5 new teeth....without us. I watch our little guy here at home, and keep reminding myself that she will be about his age when we get her. Still a baby. Still so many firsts to experience. I wish that I could do something from my side of the world to expedite this process.
 |
| Isn't she cute? I wonder if that is her nanny's hand? |
 |
| Almost a smile? |
 |
| Her care package |
The care package is pretty standard: an outfit/shoes for her, cookies for the kids and staff, a disposable camera that we will hopefully get back ful of pictures, and a picture of her new family so maybe she won't be terrified of us when we pick her up. I had to guess on the sizes so we may or may not get those when we get her, but I hope they will be put to good use.
Have a blessed Easter.
4 comments:
I just wanted to pop over from the Ji'An Yahoo group to say hello. Your daughter is ADORABLE! I mean seriously cute. We adopted our Kerry from the same orphanage 22 months ago at 15 months of age. She was healthy, spunky, and on track developmentally, so I think this is an orphanage that does their best for these little ones. Again, congratulations!
Gin =) http://waitingforchina-girl.blogspot.com/
She is so pretty, and there will soon be so many smiles!
She is adorable and I can't imagine the excitement your whole family must feel!
So cute, I know you are anxious to get your arms around that little beauty! Hope the rest of the process goes quickly and smoothly!
Post a Comment