We went camping last weekend, and Anna was pulling stuff out of the boxes faster than we could keep up. We rode bikes one day, and she and Luke rode in the trailer behind Matt's bike while Thomas rode in the baby seat on my bike. Joshua and Caleb rode on their own bikes. We did a 7 mile mountain bike trail. Matt said Anna spent most of her time going "ah-ah-ah-ah breathe ah-ah-ah-ah" as they bumped along the trail. Luke tried to tell her to be quiet, but it didn't work until she finally fell asleep. I had a cute sleeping picture, but my SD card is corrupt, so I lost the pictures on it, grrrr.
We are so much futher along than we were six months ago. It's easier to write about it now that we are over the rough stuff, but our time in China and first few weeks home were very difficult emotionally for me. I knew there was a possibility that Anna would reject me but living it was a totally different matter. It was not just a matter of "Daddy's girl" but screaming-crying-terrified rejection. I look back at the few pictures I have of me holding her in China, and I can just see how scared she was (and I can't believe that we actually have any pictures of me holding her). Now, she rests on my shoulder like the boys always did, and she will even let me hold her in the cradle position and look into her eyes and hold her sippy cup for her. I never imagined that she would be this comfortable in six months. What a blessing! She still uses her shirt for comfort, and we willingly help get it to her face when she's having a meltdown. It reminds me of sticking a pacifier in a baby's mouth.
| In China |
She loves to explore and I also try to encourage that, even if I have a mess to clean up. For example, while I sat typing this post, she has filled five cups with water from the refrigerator and managed to spill little puddles in the kitchen and living room (wood floors). I tried to encourage her to continue to explore with a towel and clean up the water, but she isn't interested. I have heard her slip three times, good thing she has a diaper to pad her bottom. Thomas is now walking around with an armful of towels, so I guess he is helping with the clean up. Anna is probably thinking, SUCKER! ;-)
| Six months home, she is watching her brothers play and wondering when she can get down to join them. |

2 comments:
That baby girl is positively scrumptious! And it sounds like she's having no problem at all keeping up with her brothers and keeping you busy. I'm so happy to hear how well the bonding is going now, I know it can be really really rough and, well, heartbreaking at times. And the control issues, Kerry still shows some issues there, mostly around pottying( STAYS constipated) and food (went from wanting everything to, now, refusing alot of foods).
They are such wonderful and amazing little girls, though. And even in photos, you can see how much more relaxed and content Anna is now.
Gin =)
Hi Debbie!
Happy belated birthday! We just had our 6 month postplacement visit as well. Anna looks like she is just blooming, and her hair is getting so long! We miss you guys! And Matthew is already on #16 of the Jedi Apprentice Series, so yes - he is clearly enjoying them! Love, Chenning
Post a Comment