Happy Fourth of July from our little firecracker!
It's hard to believe that we've been home 9 months already. I read somewhere (loosely quoting as I can't remember exactly where I saw it), that "it takes a mom 9 months and 1 second to fall in love with her biological baby and her adopted child". I've had that quote floating around in my mind for several months. I guess with my biological babies, the minute I held them and saw them I was in love, even though they were growing in my womb for 9 months. (If anyone knows what blog I read this on, please let me know!)
With Anna, she was a picture on paper for 9 months until I held her and saw her in person...and I was in love the second I saw her. My motherly instinct kicked in and I felt immediately protective and wanted to get her home safe and sound.
But, I think maybe this quote is also referring to the 9 months of getting to know her and getting adjusted to her and her to us. Although I fell in love immediately, that was a feeling of love. I heard often that love is a choice not a feeling. We have been living that choice for 9 months now through this sometimes difficult transition, and I think everyday we are seeing the blessings of hard work on all sides. For example, Anna came up and hugged my leg all by herself the other day. What a blessing to see her give and receive love!
The pictures below are from Fort King George. We visited there in May, and these pictures were on my ipod. Anna continues to amaze me at her determination. She saw Thomas climb up the ladder and so up she went. I can hear "ain't no mountain high enough" playing in my mind as I look at these pictures.
| A toy gun just like my brothers |
| Pow, with a backwards gun |
| I did it! |
Anna and Thomas continue to bond. They are such trouble-makers, but they are so cute! This hug was a result of them having to "make up" after offending each other. I can't remember the exact details, but the hug was so sweet and not even required!
| I can't seem to keep clothes on these kids. |
| Good night Sweetheart! |
No comments:
Post a Comment