Anna breezed right through her surgery. She was so brave. She didn't complain, but I could tell that she was having trouble when she tried to sit up for a week or so. She refused the liquid pain medicine after the first night, so we switched to liquid acetaminophen for a while. We went in for the post-op two weeks after surgery, and the Dr. was very pleased with the results, as were we (and still are!). We will go back for an ultrasound in six months to check the kidneys, and if all is well she will be released from care.
 |
| The incision before the "glue" came off completely |
Anna is feeling more and more comfortable with us. Around the house, she is pretty confident and will play and wander around. Out in public, she is more reserved and sticks pretty close to us. She is starting to try to talk more. She will make sounds that I think will soon be words. "Mama!" is still her very favorite. I think she learned that from her brothers. So, her words now are mama, daddy, papa, bye-bye and pow. I wonder what else she will learn from her big brothers!
 |
| Taking her dolly for a ride |
When she gets frustrated with me for not giving her another piece of candy and pitches a royal fit, I try to remember everything that she has been through these past four months...7 Dr. visits, 8 immunizations, 1 finger prick, 1 blood draw, 1 TB test, 2 IVs, 2 catheters, 1 ultrasound, 1 VCUG, 1 MRI, 1 sedation, 1 surgery/overnight hospital stay. That is a lot for one little girl in a new world with a new language and new family. She has been so brave to face all this and learn to trust and depend on us. She snuggles with us, and she comes to us for kisses when she is hurt.
 |
| Playing is hard work |
She has also been through a lot of holidays...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and her birthday. Her hair is getting longer, and I am hopeful that I can do something besides clippies by summer time. We are so thankful to have most of the medical "stuff" behind us. We are looking forward to the spring and summer and watching Anna continue to bloom!
 |
| Anna and her birthday crown |
4 comments:
Oh, Debbie, so happy to see and hear that Anna is blooming and recovering so well :-). We miss your family. Wish you were closer. Love, Chenning
I'm so glad the surgery recovery has gone well and that she's bonding with you all. She sounds a lot like she'd love to play with our Carina - maybe we can make that work somehow this summer. :)
We all feel like she has always been here! She is a blessing.
So happy to hear how well she's doing! She is seriously cute, and yes her hair is really growing. These little ones really are amazingly brave, strong, and resilient aren't they?!
Gin =)
Post a Comment