We made it through the MRI with no trouble. The nurses were very sweet, and they did a great job putting in the IV. Anna made it clear that she wanted Daddy to hold her, and as you can tell from the picture, she went back to covering her face with her shirt. We were allowed to go into the room with the MRI machine until she was sedated. It was such a strange experience, watching the sedation medicine go to work as she just slowly passed out. Once she was back in the room after the MRI, she woke up and started eating chips. Then, we were allowed to leave.
We met with the urologist, and the results were what we expected. She has a duplicated kidney/ureter. The lower portion of her right kidney and the left kidney are normal. The duplicated kidney is barely functioning, so to avoid the possibility of future urinary tract infections, they are going to do surgery to remove it.
The surgery will require an overnight hospital stay, and the doctor said that she will be up and around in a few days after the surgery. He also said that after a post surgery visit and 1 year follow up, she should be released from his care. I still can't believe that her file was put in China's special focus program. I guess it was the unknown and the fact that it was not a common diagnosis. We feel so blessed to have her in our lives and to be able to provide for her surgery.
I'll update with the surgery date, please pray that she stays healthy until that time.
3 comments:
Wonderful wonderful news, Debbie! I am so happy for you all :-). Please pray for Lily - she is having palate surgery tomorrow and I am getting stomach aches thinking about it. Seriously, I know that the Lord has her. . . and us . . . in His loving hands. I know He'll be with y'all too for Anna's medical needs :-). Love, Chenning
Really? Just an overnight stay? Sounds like great news!! Your Anna sounds like one tough little cookie.
Gin =)
Please let us know her surgery date. So glad the news is promising and she'll be in full recovery mode soon!
Post a Comment