We spent the week after we got home trying to get over jet lag and attending our annual living history campout. We didn't do much camping out, but we did attend the day classes. The boys had a wonderful time as usual, and it was great to spend time as a family and visit with friends. We were talking with a family about Anna's adoption, and they asked where Thomas was from. Umm, homegrown! We have always had lots of questions about his blonde hair, so I thought it was a funny conversation.
One afternoon, I tried to get the kids' picture, but Thomas wasn't cooperating, and Anna had not learned to smile for the camera, so this is what I got.
And this is what happened when Matt walked up after arriving home from work.
We had a busy 2nd week home too. Matt went back to work, and Anna has done well. Sometimes, she walks to the door and holds her hand out and cries, but most of the time she does okay. Matt's company's annual meeting was Saturday, so Mom and I took the kids over for food and fun. Joshua and Caleb got their face painted and hair sprayed. When Matt got home, we took them to the corn maze. The boys had a blast running through the corn maze, and even Anna refused the ergo and took a few tumbles running too fast through the maze. It was the happiest that I have seen her!
She continues to eat really well. One day, she grabbed a tomato off the counter and started eating it. So, we washed it off and let her have it. She ate the whole thing like an apple! She is still getting use to cold stuff, but ice cream is quickly being added to her list of likes.
She is getting into stuff just like the boys did at her age. She has pulled cans out of the cabinets, dishes out of the dishwasher, and bags out of drawers. I am actually excited to see her exploring like she is.
My Dad came for a visit and brought her very first purse. She carried it around today and napped with it. Then, after her nap, she got off the bed by herself and came walking down the hall carrying her little purse. It was precious!
I can't believe that we have had her a month already. I can't believe the changes that we've seen in her personality. I love seeing the boys welcome her to the family with a sweet love that seems to be reserved for sisters.

5 comments:
Wow, a month already! It seems like her little personality is shining through and she has found her niche in the family. I can't believe you have 5 kids and two two-year olds (basically). I have my hands full with just our 3 and can't imagine how you do it. Kudos.
Keep the photos coming, your family is fun to keep up with.
Oh my your adorable girl is just blossoming! Loved all of the photos, and just look at that sweet (yet ready for mischeif) smile!!! Happy one month with your Anna.
Gin =)
You get a sense from the pictures of how caring your boys are with Anna; it's so neat! And she and Thomas are going to be best friends, she'll have the upper hands soon if she doesn't already :) Thomas better start liking princesses. He can play the role of Charming, or Prince Phillip, or Eric, or Flynn, etc etc...
She is precious and I can't believe that Thomas wasn't smiling! He's always smiling!
Hi Deb! So glad Anna is doing so well! Miss you all!
Post a Comment