Tuesday, August 2, 2011

NVC Cable and Article 5

About a week after our I800 approval, we found out that our "petition" had been sent to the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China.  This is where we will spend a few days at the end of our adoption trip.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

Please be advised that your case/visa 37 has been forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General on 28JUL2011.   Per instructions from the U.S. Embassy, please allow at least three business days for your case to become available for processing before contacting the U.S. Embassy.

The NVC will send a copy of the approval letter via email shortly.


The email came early Friday morning, but the approval letter didn't come until Monday morning.  So much for "shortly."  I had heard that our agency needed the approval letter in order to submit our Article 5 paperwork.  But, after reading a sample approval letter online, I realized that the approval letter had the exact same info as our email we'd just received.  I forwarded our email to our China coordinator Saturday afternoon and asked if the email would work.  Just a few minutes later, she emailed back and said that she had forwarded the email to our Rep in China and that our Article 5 paperwork would be submitted on Tuesday (since they don't accept it on Mondays).  I was so glad that I asked, because when I forwarded the actual approval letter on Monday to our coordinator, I got a reply that she is on vacation until August 11!  {Insert smiley icon passing out}

We also got our passports back with our China visas in them.  Another travel step checked off the list!

The Article 5 takes a standard two weeks.  So, pick up should be August 16.  The paperwork is then sent to Beijing where China will issue our Travel Approval.  TA the two letters adoptive parents from China look forward to hearing.

It looks like we may travel in mid-September.  Please pray for Anna. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So excited for you! We are right behind you. We received i800 approval on the 28th, so I hope that we are cabled and have the pdf this week! Let's meet in China?!?!?

Unknown said...

Thanks to your post, we are with the same agency, I did the same thing you did and our DS-230 will be dropped off Tuesday, so we are right on your tail, also! I still haven't received the official letter, so it's great that I came across your blog, so it won't hold us up!