Friday, September 14, 2012

11 months home!

Anna continues to amaze me.  Although she is still struggling with speech, she knows what she wants and tries really hard to get her point across.  She still has tantrums which I can't tell how much are language related and how much are typical 2 year old.  She has learned to say "no" which was something that she was not saying a month ago.  That's not something you usually have to teach a 2 year old!
 
 
 
 
I enrolled Anna and Thomas in a 3 day a week 1/2 day preschool.  This was not a decision I made lightly, but I felt that my homeschooling was at stake having Anna around during school time.  She is soooooo busy and wants to color and tear up paper and get water and ice and pull out all the bags and pull out all the dvds and on and on.  She needs lots of attention!  Thomas, on the other hand, was content to sit and watch a video.  So, for both of them, I felt that a preschool environment could care for them, entertain them, teach them, and maybe help Anna with her speech.  Anna cried a little the first day, and I was so concerned about her little spirit and heart.  But, after a few minutes, she settled down, and when I went in to pick her up, she came running up to me with a big smile!  I am so proud of her (and our homeschooling and my sanity is saved!).


Yikes, I just realized that I never actually posted this, and it was sitting in my draft folder.  Well, we are quickly approaching Anna's "forever family" day.  I can't believe it has been a year!  I'm saving another post for that day!

2 comments:

Chenning said...

Glad things are going so well with preschool and homeschool :-). Last year at this time, we were in China already! Can't believe it's been nearly a year. Anna looks so happy! Love, Chenning

Virginia said...

Oh my goodness Anna is really growing! She is so super cute and good for her for doing so good in preschool. I know it's a big decision but it sounds like your busy girl has shown you that she's ready.

Gin =)