Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting

We are still waiting on our letter of approval from China. I got an email last night that our dossier has been translated and is in the review room. After it is reviewed and approved, it will move to the matching room where it will be matched up with Anna's file. At that point, the LOA will be issued and sent by DHL to our agency. After they receive it, it will be sent by Fed-ex to us.

Our agency coordinator was also able to get us another update. The last update we got, from the care package company, showed her weight had gone up significantly since January. I felt it was a mistake, but I was concerned. I emailed our coordinator and asked her advice. She emailed the orphanage and they were kind enough to not only sent the correct weight (which is normal), but they sent two new pictures. To me, these are the saddest ones yet. They included a note in the email that these pictures were taken just after her nap and that she had a mosquito bite on her cheek.

I'd like to know what is going on in her little mind. She looks so puzzled and a little groggy. It makes the waiting so hard. She needs her Mama and Daddy and brothers showing her how to giggle and enjoy life. She needs Mama taking care of her boo-boos.  They have cut her hair.  I love her sweet little lips.  I look foward to the day of holding her in our arms.


I'm still planning for September travel. Matt is telling people September or October. We will have a better estimated when our LOA is issued.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Thank you so much for inquiring, Debbie (at www.leeseadoptionadventure.blogspot.com) The blog is on pause for the time being and the auction for the Goins has closed. If you'd like an invite to take a peak, please send me your email address and I'd be happy to send you an invite. Hope you are doing well!

Congratulations! Your daughter is So, very precious!!! I will be praying that you will get your LOA, ASAP!

Robin

kimjax said...

What a muffin, Debbie - and it IS a small world, lol! Hoping you get LOA soon!! We're DTC next week. Blessings, Kim

Virginia said...

She is such a cutie, even with frown! I wouldn't appreciate some stranger taking my pictures when I'd just woke up, either. But how cool that you got more updated pics. I have a couple of pics of Kerry standing against that same wall. I'm happy to hear that your one big step closer to bringing that sweet baby girl home.

Gin =)